Furbooru Upload Event (Early Uploaders)

Luna
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Platinum Piece - Platinum Supporter on Patreon
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public
Always Codes Drunk - Apparently cats have non-existent alcohol tolerance
Artist -

Administrator
Devops
Furbooru images uploading event!

It doesn’t matter how technically advanced an imageboard is, or how great it is when it comes to tags or community when there are no images to see.

While other sites have implemented automated bot uploads and full imports, we have opted out of the practice as we see it as disruptive to the community. Our focus are the users, not artificially bloating the amount of images. It is our wish that all of the art on our site is seen and appreciated by you. Our tagging system has also been reworked so much that simply importing images from other sites would not be as feasible as it might seem at first glance.

We need more uploads, but how do we get them? This is where you come in!

We rely on you, fellow users of the site, the community behind it, to upload and share images for everyone to see. It’s the exchange between everyone exposing new and exciting artwork that can be appreciated not only by you, but also by others is what makes the experience worth it for everyone. However, we do understand that simply uploading images without any appreciation for your hard work may be a bit of a monotonous and boring task, which is the reason why in this event we’re introducing a unique and exclusive badge for all those who would have uploaded at least 300 images when the site reaches it’s 50.000 uploads milestone.

I’m an artist, is there anything in this for me?

Sure! If you are a verified artist (have your artist tag tied to your on-site account) you will receive a unique badge for being a part of our growing community if your artist tag has 75 or more uploads under it as of the moment the site achieves the 50,000 uploads mark.

What happens after?

As soon as the 50,000 milestone is reached, the event badges will be issued. At 75,000 uploads we will unlock the ability to receive the 1% badge. Any person who achieves 1% of uploads at any point in the site’s life (following the 75K milestone) will get it, no matter how many images are uploaded to the site at that point in time.

There are also additional badges for all those who upload 1000, 5000 and 20,000 images (exact numbers still up to debate among site staff) to the site at any point in site’s life, so uploading can be rewarding!

We’re grateful for everyone’s commitment and wish the best of luck during this event! Thank you for being a part of the Furbooru community and making this site truly feel like home.

Update October 22, 2020

We have issued our 1k and 5k badges to those users who have 1000 and 5000 uploads respectively. We are nearing the finish line with 40,000+ images already on the site! On behalf of the staff team of Furbooru and the Furbooru community, thank you all for your tireless contributions. You rock!
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Loves a German
So, do our already uploaded images count towards the goal? Because i have at least 50 or 60 uploads already that would be a big headstart on my part.
Nicelucario
Even Worse Kobold -
Derpy Fur - Failed to prevent the inevitable in April of 2021.
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Bronze Piece - Bronze Supporter on Patreon

Give me your knees
No idea if I’ll have 300 images uploaded by that time, but I’ll try. There’s a monster girl artist I plan on uploading the art of, since many of them are very furry-like.
Erhannis
Even Worse Kobold -
Founder Artist - For artists who had 75+ uploads before the site hit 50,000 uploads.
Artist -
Silver Piece - Silver Supporter on Patreon

In the process of posting images from a given artist, is it encouraged, or discouraged, to post every single image from their album etc., assuming you still correctly tag/source/describe everything? My archivist’s spirit (aka hoarderism) wants to catalogue everything, but also when I post a bunch of stuff at once I feel like I’m spamming or something.

(Also, I feel like, on the upload page, if you fetch a source URL that’s already been sourced, it should give you a warning and a dup thumbnail, or something.)
Fletch
Even Worse Kobold -
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Silver Piece - Silver Supporter on Patreon

Administrator
Public Relations
Luna's Pet Woof
@Erhannis

@Erhannis  
Hey there!

All uploads are mostly appreciated, feel free to go about it as you prefer!

Thanks to how personalizable user experience can be on the site there’s not much worry about sequential uploads and lately the front page has been moving quite healthy any ways.

I see nothing wrong with uploading that banner so you’re good to go.

Regarding the fetch thing that’d be Luna to address you, cheers!
SerenePony
Artist -

Emotional support donkey
I have an account here but I have always been iffy about uploading my art here. Got my reasons but they are so stupid.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide