Feature suggestions and discussion

FoxMcCloud97
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Cornerian Ace
@Jinx  
I apologise. I edited my post to make it clear that my opinion differs from others. I remember hearing an excessive amount of negativity from derpi users about your threads Derpibooru counterpart, and I was just making it known. I’m sorry if I gave you cause to be upset. The very last thing I wanted to do was cause an argument or conflict.

Seriously, sorry….
Fletch
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Silver Piece - Silver Supporter on Patreon
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Administrator
Public Relations
Luna's Pet Woof
@FoxMcCloud97

@Dave33333

@Jinx  
Feedback is always highly appreciated, Staff as a whole wants to give that specific Forum section a bit more freedom without our constant meddling however that is only possible if that side of the community can self regulate properly.

Discuss what’s the best for every one, we can always pin and unpin threads based on the conclusions everyone gathers together.
FoxMcCloud97

Cornerian Ace
I’d just like to do everything to avoid the drama and bullying that Derpibooru became infamous for… TwT

It makes me feel good to know that the admins on this site have cooler heads than the ones on Derpi. Thank you, and Please keep up the good work, Fleetfoot. OwO
Wingbeat
Even Worse Kobold -
Artist -

Fun is mandatory
Feature Name  
Saved searches

Summary  
if saved searches: a bookmark database of user-created named strings (in the site’s search syntax) for easy searching of common and favorite search terms.  
Each user could create and share these saved searches in much the same way they can create and use filters.

Goal  
Not only would this be an extension of the ease of use for the site (watchlists just OR tags together and can’t be shared, filters are a subtractive process where this is largely additive, some searches are so complex to type out that it’s worth bookmarking them), this provides a less rigid way for tags to be organized for subjective things like “cute foxes.”  
This would also provide a solution for areas in which a very broad category (like “furries” or “pokemon mammals”) could be found and altered to suit for users with wildly different ideas of what should actually be in that category, without relying on the official and canonical tag implications. To that end, it could also cut down on non-essential tag implications that would be too specific for the site otherwise (like tagging types of pokemon, etc).

Description  
I uh…I think I just about covered everything already. Maybe make it accessible as a dropdown from the main “Tags” navigation point? Stretch goal: make it namespace accessible, so users who have a saved search called “cute foxes” could search for saved:foxbois as a shortcut for something like fox, male, \(solo \|\| solo focus \|\| gay\), -obese, -\(clothing, -partially clothed\), score.gt:5 or whatever.
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
@Fleetfoot  
My suggestion is to pin the suggestions thread, and the story writing thread. Both have a clearly defined purpose, and at least half the forum people already use the suggestion thread.

@Dave33333  
Youd be welcome in the thread if youre willing to behave and not cause drama.
Fletch
Even Worse Kobold -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Administrator
Public Relations
Luna's Pet Woof
@Dave33333

@FoxMcCloud97

@Jinx  
Hey!

That’s great to hear, when everyone’s willing to work for a good end result that’s often what we do end up getting~

Now is there any reason not to ping the two threads mentioned by Jinx? They have merit to it and 4 pins in total is not excessive… Should the threads not work out nothing stops being unpinned either so I really see it as worthy to give it a go.
Anonymous #2BA5
@Jinx  
It’s not really RP-centric, tho, and should just act as a normal thread, and that’s if it should stay in the RP forum at all.  
The suggestion thread seems better-suited for General Discussion; it might be used for OOC chat but the old one never was.  
Most of the users in it didn’t really RP, either.

the partner-searching threads come across as spam since there were already two of exactly the same thing, which could also be used for general OOC banter if needed.

ill confess im also not a big fan of one user owning all the “big” threads in a forum
Dave33333

Amateur Photoeditor
@Jinx

@Fleetfoot  
When it comes to joining the thread, I’m going to have to politely decline. I can happily be civil and not drum up drama, but I’m not sure about Jinx… I feel uncomfortable with some of the things she’s said about me recently, as well as making something I sent in private to her public.

And I guess to reenforce Fox’s statements, the thread has a lot of history in Derpibooru. A lot of unsavory history, mods were called in a lot due to infighting. It’s why the other half of the forums don’t want to go near it. It’s split between “It’s Dave’s fault” and “It’s Jinx’s fault” and I think pinning that thread will only repeat the end result of what happened in Derpi.
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
@Anonymous #2BA5  
I dont own the threads. I just put them up. I cant stop anyone from posting there, or doing anything. So, thats kinda an invalid point. As for the looking for partners threads, they are simple and to the point, unlike the ones beforehand which were an odd mix.

@Dave33333  
You just pointed out that the only reason mods had to be called was for when you were there.
Anonymous #2BA5
@Jinx  
I recall you trying to enforce “your thread’s” rules on more than one occasion, even with moderators, as well as telling people to take certain things outside “your thread”.  
and yes, they were a mix, and that wasn’t a problem. it made things feel casual and open

as a side note, the moderators were called for reasons other than Dave, as can happen with rowdy discussion threads

@Jinx  
you’re right, it isn’t. we want it to stay that way. despite how un-fun history tests were, we learn history so we don’t repeat it :P and I believe this applies here also
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
@Anonymous #2BA5  
Well, if youd like to stop being anonymous and just outright say things on your profile i might take you seriously. Right now you look like dave doing anon stuff.

And yes, the thread rules apply, and they are enforced. Every thread has rules, and people follow said rules.
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
And why would the suggestions thread ruin the rp forum? Answer me that. Its a thread made for people to suggest RP ideas, hang out, vent about things, and anything else thats needed. What possible way could that thread ruin the RP forums?
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
And yes, im aware my posts seem heated. They are. I dont like being attacked, especially by someone whos been banned more times than i can count on derpi.
Dave33333

Amateur Photoeditor
@Jinx  
I just came back from talking to somebody and you’re already accusing me of sockpuppeting.

full

Fleet can confirm that isn’t me. I’m taking my time with these posts. You’re getting mad and made a bunch of posts within a 20 minute timespan over a thread pinning as I write this.

This is the same users, this might not be Derpi, but we’re the same group, and our goal should be to unite other users. I know who that anon is, they don’t want you breaking into their PMs like you did Fox. If you’re start saying a bunch of crap about me, do it in PMs, they’re open, not make it a public show.
Anonymous #2BA5
@Jinx  
Dave uses periods too liberally 4 me. commas are love, commas are life  
RPs need rules to keep players from doing stupid things but OOC really only needs to be “on-topic OOC only” as anything else can be moved to a thread in General Discussions, where that sort of thing fits best.

@Jinx  
you mean like when users had a breeding ground to spawn disdain and, eventually, adversity? because that’s what happened. most people decided to stop making threads because of it and some people decided they wouldn’t even RP in the same threads as others. in a forum all about people working together, i ask how that isn’t “ruining” something

@Jinx  
i assure you i mean no offense, although i intend to have my opinion heard, just as you intend to have yours heard. if you need a recess from this, then let us chill and come back to this later. my apologies for rousing you
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
As i would like to point out my experience on derpibooru, the roleplay forums were better for having a “lobby area” thread, it had free discussion and the only real rule was to not spam it full with particularly brainless memes, that aside if the thread here is to run the same as before i think it will be a good thing, even if dave apparently tries to warn everyone not to go there because beware the jinx.

in that thread you could discuss new roleplays you may want to set up, get feedback and suggestions as well as test the waters for possible joiners, all things that would be helpful to find on the first page at the top

I think it should get pinned so that any newcomers to the roleplay forums can get a look at what the players talk about “behind the scenes.”
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
@Anonymous #2BA5  
The only people that got mad and refused to rp with me were zaknel, dave, and one other. Unless theres more i wasnt aware of. And most of it was because i gave my honest opinion.

@Dave33333  
Well of course im going to be public about it. Youre over here dissing my thread and me because of the past.
Fletch
Even Worse Kobold -

Administrator
Public Relations
Luna's Pet Woof
Alrighty everyone,

First of all; Thank you for keeping things civil and polite despite the clash of ideas that really means a lot and shows our community is on the right track here.

I have read everyone’s point and I believe that maybe a General RP Thread on the format lobby area as per Cerebrate’s idea in the place of Suggestions and bullshitting thread, venting, etc. [NSFW] could be quite valid.

@Jinx, you’re already OP on the both already pinned threads about searching partners and other users do seem to want the chance of having their own OP’s pinned I think that’s a valid enough concern.

We could make this “Lobby” thread by someone else and pin it instead, I’m sure it will still achieve the same results of Suggestions and bullshitting thread, venting, etc. [NSFW] and balance everyone’s current desires.

How about that?
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide