Feature suggestions and discussion

Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Loves a German
Have a staff memhber dedicated tocfinding the highest resolution versions of art posted to the site.

Reason: theres an anon whos posted quite a lot of burgerkiss art in 400×600 which is a disservice, and just plain uncool. Id like to see good artists art in decent resolution instead of windows 95.
CruFox
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter -
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

I like tags
@Jinx  
Anyone can upload higher res versions and then report low res as duplicates.

You can also report such low res images and then staff might be able to contact the uploader to instruct them on how to find high res versions so that they can upload those in the future.
😾

@Jinx  
I can go through the Burgerkiss images.

However a dedicated staff member doing that would not be feasible given the vast number of artists and potential sources, so these sort of issues depend on reporting, or on users uploading proper versions for merges as CruFox said.
😾

@Jinx  
CruFox and I went through several; if you’re aware of others, please let us know via report or PM. If this becomes common we may benefit from a dedicated thread. Thanks.
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
And um, can we maybe advertise the Roleplay section a bit? Please? It doesnt get much attention, and theres absolutely crazy good ideas in there.
Dave33333

Amateur Photoeditor
RP section is fine. It will gain more attention if Furbooru gains more internet foot traffic. Otherwise not many people are gonna be flocking to it.

I bet good money a good chunk of people saw it and weren’t interested.
Erhannis
Even Worse Kobold -
Founder Artist - For artists who had 75+ uploads before the site hit 50,000 uploads.
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Artist -
Silver Piece - Silver Supporter on Patreon

It would be nice if https://furbooru.org/pages/shortcuts mentioned that you can use ctrl-enter to save tags. I’ve several times wanted, and at least once looked for a shortcut to save tags, but never found one. It’s only now that I happen to be looking through the source code that I see that ctrl-enter does that. I’d make a pull request, but for some reason that page (and several of the others in Help & Information?) isn’t contained in the repo?

Speaking of the code, which of the following is recommended?  
  • edit the primary Philomena repo, pull request, and let any changes be propagated out the rest of the way by the natural flow of pull requests  
  • do that but make pull requests ourselves (I don’t know whether or not the avg user can make a pull request from the core Philomena fork to the Furbooru fork)  
  • make the changes on Furbooru and do one of the above  
  • something else

Thanks
Lily
Artist -

I like this year’s April Fool’s joke. As petty as this may sound, some of the old Derpi ones with really complex/hidden criteria made me feel quite depressed in the past, with me thinking I earned a badge but didn’t. I’d love for it to be kept this simple in the future of this site.
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
And as irritating as having my theme changed was, at the least it wasnt like when derpi went all rainbows and sparkles for a day.

Good on you guys.
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
Should there be a tag for images or videos based around fighting nude? Such as nude characters boxing? It is a specific fetish and ive seen several posts involving it previously, however ive never seen a “fighting fetish” tag, or anything similar.
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
I suggest a more in depth set of tags. For example, “Excessively_Muscular”
Ive seen several images that are just well beyond anything that would be considered normal, and in my personal opinion i feel that more in depth tags would allow for people to fully flesh out their blacklists.
Im not asking that staff do this, i am asking however if the tags can start to be used in that manner.
Anonymous #7F84
Should there be a guide in a place such as the site and policy section of the forums on how best to convert unallowed animations (like mp4s) to allowed ones (like webms) to the best possible quality?
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide