Feature suggestions and discussion

Neuropa
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

You're it!
–Feature Name: Spoiler Hover Image  
Summary: Hovering over spoiler shows original thumbnail

Goal: Some tags overlap eachother and while one may have a neutral liking to something, they may not hate it.

Description: Have Artist name always be shown when an image is spoiled unless said artist is hidden, if you wanna see what it is your favorite artist drew despite the tag you can take a peek by hovering over it.

Other: Derpibooru has this feature and it is fantastic, it helps mitigate tension over people too opinionated to compromise over the exact point when something borders between say “Large and Hyper” while also maintaining browsing ability–

Never mind lol
CruFox
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter -
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

I like tags
I think “Metadata” section of this page is not very clear at the first glimpse of an eye, I think adding symbols for tags, description and source that are the same as those on posts itself would help. Here is a very crude visualization:

full

The symbol that is before the name and “:” can be probably deleted.
Elly Catfox
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Bronze Piece - Bronze Supporter on Patreon

nya
Can we make it so there’s a way to type a bold asterisk, followed by more bold text?

Example:

@OliverHancock  
*The 214 has a 15,000 lb/t takeoff weight and the 214_ST_ derivative model has 17,000 lb/t.

It seems we have no way to make that first asterisk bold. Also, is there a way to italicise “ST” while directly concatenating it with “214”?
Anonymous #A861
I have several suggestions. They are not very important, but it would be nice to have these features. I’m also not sure it they are good or how hard to implement these features and will it worth it or not. So I’m just writing down some random ideas I have in mind.

I don’t know, maybe this feature is already implemented and I just don’t see something.  
Feature Name  
Subscriptions management  
Summary  
It would be nice to have page with a list of all user subscriptions to threads, pictures and gallerias.  
Goal  
First of all it would be useful to follow galleries since you can’t add a gallery to favourites or something like that. One also may want to unsubscribe from something or to re-read an old thread even if there is no new replies.  
Description  
I see it like page with different lists for different types of subscriptions. Each entry may contain id, title (for threads), preview (for pictures and galleries) and unsubscribe button.

Feature Name  
Automatic pools (@Anonymous #CFA6) for comics  
Summary  
It may be useful to have pools for images tagged as comic:* (and maybe for set:, series:, etc. too.).  
Goal  
It makes it a little easier to place pictures in desired order (basically allows to sort comic pages even if they were uploaded in wrong order), because you won’t need to add all pages to pool manually.  
Description  
Using pools for this purpose is actually better then tags because of ability to reorder images, but tags allows us to have meaningful names instead of just ids. So now we have both. And if pools will be automatically created for all comic tags it will make things little more consistent and convenient.

Feature Name  
Onion mirror  
Summary  
Access to furbooru trough TOR network  
Goal  
One might want to access this site while it’s blocked in their country. Or to just have a more secure connection.  
Description  
TOR is quite a convenient way to access blocked sites. It’s free and provides fairly good speed. But it’s completely insecure when it comes to accessing sites outside TOR network.  
Furbooru is not currently blocked in my country, but I guess it’s just a matter of time, especially if the site gets more popular and noticeable.  
||Also, the more good services are using such things the more security technologies developed and more people aware of this stuff, which is good I think. ||  
Other  
https://trixiebooru.org/pages/onion
Wingbeat
Even Worse Kobold -
Artist -
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Fun is mandatory
Feature Name  
Tag link shortcut syntax

Summary/description  
Literally just >>"tag name" becomes a link to </tags/tag+name>, either as a span with the tag-dropdown class like the tags page or just simply styled like a default tag without any attempt to query the database.
dream
Heavy Lifter -
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger
Artist -

TAKING A BREAK
Are we gonna get more badges like Derpi has? Like for image uploads, art count, tagging/metadata updates, etc. I loved those, I think they’re fun to try to collect. On my Derpi account (gec) I had a bunch :)
Wingbeat
Even Worse Kobold -
Artist -

Fun is mandatory
@dream  
That is the plan, but first we need to make art for the badges, and we’re also waiting until we hit a reasonable amount of site activity, to my understanding.
Ciaran
Even Worse Kobold -
Gold Piece - Gold Supporter on Patreon
Artist -

Draw or die
@Wingbeat  
Badges sometimes do present the most fascinating technical problems. Like, every now and then you’ll find a badge that just for some reason crashes some browsers, or you get badges that LOOK small but really are megabytes, and if everyone on the page has one of those … well, things happen.

Badges are great and fun ^__^ But wow sometimes they are more complex to implement than you’d expect.
dream
Heavy Lifter -
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger
Artist -

TAKING A BREAK
Feature Name Customized saved tags menu (??)  
Summary An option to have a tab on that tags menu on the uploader, for the user to add tags to, so they can easily access them.  
Goal I often end up minimally tagging the important stuff on uploads and go back eventually to add more, because I can’t really think of tags while uploading (I’m a bit forgetful I guess). It would be very helpful if I could add tags I know I might need to add to a custom tab on that tagging menu where there’s usually the common tags.  
Description Basically it could be modified like your watch list in your settings, where you could type in tags to add to that custom tab. And then you could click on that tab like you would any of the other tabs (i.e. species, etc) and click the tags to add them to the image you’re uploading.  
Other I’ve seen other booru sites have similar features before, but I can’t think of any specific examples off the top of my head rn

i hope this makes sense im so bad at wording/explaining
Lewdman03
Artist -

The ability ot fetch videos from URLs ending in .MP4 as many GIFs on sites use in how players where downloading opens them into URLs and doesn’t let you actually ownload yhe video. Inkbunny being the main one.
Anonymous #6DCA
→ Feature Name  
Post relationships;

→ Summary  
Ability to link and show images that are related (such as different variants of the same image, not for unofficial edits but for artists themselves making multiple versions) under each of the related images;

→ Goals  
It would make it easier to find variants of the same image (or even find out that they exist) without having to manually search for them;

→ Description  
The way it’s done on e621 is rather decent imo: you have a small tab that you can show/hide with clickable previews/images of related images;

→ Other  
Not the best example since it doesn’t link to variants of the image but rather similar images, but I couldn’t really find a safe image for that (sowwy): https://e621.net/posts/2386828
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
How about a button for images that lets you add an image to a gallery without clicking the image and going to the post page.

Example: im on the home page, i see an image i want in my favorites galery, but i have to go click it, upsize it, wait for it to load, then select a gallery.

Example with the feature: i see the image i want in my favorites gallery, i click the add to gallery button, it adds it to my most recent gallery (in this case my favorites)
Lewdman03
Artist -

Feature Name  
Derpibooru fetch  
→ Summary  
The ability to use the image fetch images from derpibooru using the images link  
→ Goal  
Allow easier accessable ways to import pony content here  
→ Description  
Derpibooru holds a lot of content not on furbooru. A lot of artists have do no post tags on derpibooru but not here. This feature not only means we can fill the site without using bots but without inconveniencing people porting over images.

It would all so mean a lot of pony related images posted through that feature would not break the do not post
Elly Catfox
Bronze Piece - Bronze Supporter on Patreon

nya
Highly lewd:||Cum button you can hit on explicit images up to twice per day to award… Cumworthy… Images.

I know, I’m just terrible today. Guess I’m just not giving a fuck at the moment. Lol. ||
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
I didnt know where to post this, but i need help. I hid a PM by accident and i really need it unhidden. Its been done on derpi for me once or twice and i was hoping you guys could do it again.
Joey
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter - Uploaded over 1k art pieces
Artist -

System Administrator
@Jinx  
Did that work? If not, PM me the name of the person you were having the conversation with and a statement saying I have your consent to modify your PMs in the database, and I can unhide it.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide