Count to 1000

Elly Catfox
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Bronze Piece - Bronze Supporter on Patreon

nya
2022 – On June 9th, the European Space Agency’s Jupiter Icy Moons Explorer is scheduled to be launched. The mission will study three of Jupiter’s Galilean moons: Ganymede, Callisto, and Europa, all of which are thought to have significant bodies of liquid water beneath their surfaces, making them potentially habitable environments.

Personally, I’m very excited for Ganymede. We almost certainly won’t find any actual life, even if it abounds there, because it will likely be hundreds of kilometers below the surface. But, we may find important data and features that will help us in our search in the future.

When thinking of places in our solar system that potentially host extraterrestrial life, most people have tacked Ganymede on as an afterthought, due to its very inhospitable surface. As of yet, however, there are many reasons to believe in the possibility at this time, and interest in recent years has started to warm.

The relative lack of change that Ganymede has had over the past many millions, if not billions of years, may have had a protective effect on any life inhabiting Ganymede’s subsurface oceans.

Curiously, Ganymede has not only a magnetosphere, but also one shockingly similar to ours in some key ways. Most notably, we can tell from some of the wavering ripples and “fuzz” in Ganymede’s magnetosphere that there are salts in its oceans, which means that there may be more potential for organic chemistry and complexity on Ganymede than previously thought.

There might be vast ecosystems of wildly different Ganymedian “fish” separated between different ice shelves and located in different, isolated oceans below the surface.

I for one, am excited to learn more about all of Jupiter’s moons in the coming years. It will take until 2029 before the Icy Moons Explorer reaches Jupiter, but I’ll be patient haha.
Anonymous #3B3A
Back to mathemathics

34 * 52

Also Toyota plans to launch its first fully electric vehicles.
Elly Catfox
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Bronze Piece - Bronze Supporter on Patreon

nya
@Havok_Pony  
I like how it’s the largest “predicted” one, like how for all we know, an extrasolar rogue exoplanet, much bigger than Oumuamua, could just fly by and eclipse the moon for us.

2030 – I predict that most pharmacists in 1st world nations will be replaced by robots by this time.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide