Ask the mods anything.

Chieftek
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

🇵🇸
I strongly disagree with tagging “questionable” exposed genitals (vulva, penis, etc), as long as there is no sexual contact with them. On derpibooru, on which this site is based, drawings with open genitals are always tagged “explicit” and nothing else.  
Please provide definitions of the main tags “explicit”, “questionable”, “suggestive” and “safe” with the definitions given to them on derpibooru. Other definitions create a huge confusion for those who came here with derpibooru.
CruFox
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter -
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

I like tags
In your opinion, do robots from Mega Man count as furry material?

Only if they look like animals  
full

@thatusualguy06  
It’s just for archival purposes, it would not actually become a featured image. Adding obviously incorrect tags is also against Rule #2.

@Chieftek  
Everyone who is browsing this site when logged out (so especially everyone who comes here for the first time) is greeted with a welcome message that has a link to a Getting Started Guide that explains that our tags are different (you can check that message yourself by opening Furbooru in an incognito window so that you are not logged in). There is also this message:  
Sexual rating tags are different from what you are used to!
Please check our tagging guidelines before posting your upload, and pick an appropriate rating tag.
on uploading page.
Chieftek

🇵🇸
@CruFox  
It’s a shame that Furbooru’s definition of sex tags is different from derpibooru’s definition of tags. Why was it necessary? This is insanely inconvenient. General unification of tags will only make it easier to use both sites.
😾

In your opinion, do robots from Mega Man count as furry material?

In their original form, no; images of robots/androids/cyborgs/etc. that don’t have animal-like properties should be tagged “not furry”.

@Chieftek  
This site’s intended audience is not restricted to people coming from derpibooru, but is rather the furry fandom as a whole, with which our rating standards are more in-line. As CruFox stated, there are ample warnings informing people of the potential differences, and the experience using the default filter should be fairly similar.

@thatusualguy06  
Currently, technically yes, but it should not be added by anyone but staff. We’ve noticed one or two images from derpibooru have their tags copied over entirely, including that one. There will be a change soon to prevent that from happening.
Chieftek

🇵🇸
@😾  
If I constantly confuse the “explicit” and “questionable” tags, don’t be offended, I’m not on purpose. For me, your definitions are as framed as blurred.
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
Despite having done basically everything i know to do, including reading and rereading instructions on the complex filter, i cannot add uploaders to my filter. Im getting sick of seeing childish content, among other things id rather not see, and having to hide 100 different tags instead of being able to hide the uploader.

Point is, can i have some help with this?
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@Jinx  
What is the problem? Also I just tested it to make sure its working and it seems that uploaders only work for complex hide but not for complex spoiler.
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
@CruFox  
So im on mobile, no access to PC. Mobile seems to have issues with complex filtering.

But aside from that, ive actually filtered 2 uploaders beforehand, then next time i logged in i saw uploads from said uploaders.

Ive pretty much just decided the easiest thing would be to make my filter public, have someone copy it, add the artists, then i just equip the filter from there.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
But aside from that, ive actually filtered 2 uploaders beforehand, then next time i logged in i saw uploads from said uploaders.

First thing that comes to my mind is that maybe you placed a comma between them instead of placing them in separate lines or separating them using ||?

For example to hide images uploaded by you and by me you would either use:  
uploader_id:641
uploader_id:93

or  
uploader_id:641 || uploader_id:93

or  
uploader_id:641 OR uploader_id:93

as || and OR are the same operator
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
@CruFox  
Honestly, i dont know. The entire complex filtering thing is like rocket science to me.

If i DM you the uploader ID’s im trying to hide, can you send me what i need to put them into the complex filter as?
😾

@Anonymous #B06D  
For a multitude of reasons, no. If you weren’t fully in jest, I really urge you to contact someone close and talk with them, and I hope things improve regardless.

@Procerus  
I’d love to see that, but I believe the more artistically inclined staff members have been too busy recently to create art of their own, and given the site isn’t that well known outside of a few small circles, it’s unlikely that the character will get much art from others. Hopefully this will change in the near future.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@Radomila Radon  
The last one from the end was deleted from source after it was uploaded. I also saw some images tagged “dead source” on upload that were taken from e621 and the uploader just copied source from e621 instead of providing e621 itself as the source.
Anonymous #9169
Hi, there was some recent tag vandalization by a non-registered member (anonymous) around these tags and use them to attack innocent arts, such as Amity’s work (artist:徐詩珮):

they keep adding negative tags  
wtf, kill it, cursed image, shitpost, not cute

and one positive tag was removed by them  
cute

Luckily, some good citizen registered users fixed for it, such as the uploader Radomila herself, but how long will they keep holding this if that “tag crimical anonymous” is still around?

The “tag criminal” in question pretty much violates Rule #4 and also #0 if you’d consider, those arts aren’t stylistic suck enough or grossly conceptually disruptive enough to deserve such negative tags.

I am “furred_researcher” user here, I do feel that it is my duty to protect the rights of people, especially Aspies and Aspie’s friends. This site shall be void of bullies.  
Besides, I apologize for creating the tag “kill it” here, I thought it was fun to tag them on some of the very conceptually disturbing images, some of those images I even uploaded myself, never thought someone else would use it to harass innocent images to the point of bullying.
Ciaran
Even Worse Kobold -
Gold Piece - Gold Supporter on Patreon
Artist -
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Draw or die
@Anonymous #9169  
Thank you for letting us know this was happening. You are right that the person creating those tags is breaking our rules. I will talk with the rest of staff to see how we want to respond, and will make sure that the tags they added are not on any other images.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide