Yes!
64.29% 63 votes
No...
23.47% 23 votes
Undecided
12.24% 12 votes

Poll ended with 98 votes.

Anonymous #2434
I couldn’t let such a blasphemous poll stay alive without anyone calling out how it’s furry propaganda!
CruFox
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter -
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

I like tags
It depends how you define the term “furry”.

If it means member of the “furry fandom”, then no, bronies are not automatically furries. Being a member of a fandom is a conscious decision.

If it means being a fan of talking animals and other creatures, then yes, because you can’t really decide what you like. It’s just how it is. You can decide how you act on it, but not how you feel about, for example, that cute animal art you just saw ;)
AlexMSD
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

:O
I may or may not have voted “Yes” on accident. I’ll say I’m more undecided as I have yet to see a TV show for the furry fandom come up so I have nothing to go off of at the moment. I’d like to see any of yall try to convince me otherwise, because it may or may not work.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
I’ll say I’m more undecided as I have yet to see a TV show for the furry fandom come up so I have nothing to go off of at the moment.

What abut Beastars? ;) Also furries don’t need a specific TV show to be in the center of their attention, in general we like all anthro/talking animals, no matter where they come from.

Or maybe I understood you wrong.
Stoopedhooy
Artist -

Edgelord.
While I think of ponies as of furries, I did notice after myself that I prefer animals with little or no fur on them.

Ponies are a bit like scalies.  
They are mammals, but they are drawn like they have pastel-colored skin.  
Especially when we talk about nsfw arts and shiny fleshy butts, and all that jazz.

So, from artistic side, I’d categorize them like scalies, a distinct subtype of furries, but not exactly the same thing.  
Especially if you consider the stylization that comes naturally with MLP, such as those pillar-hooves, muzzles, buttmarks, etc.
AlexMSD

I’ll say I’m more undecided as I have yet to see a TV show for the furry fandom come up so I have nothing to go off of at the moment.
What abut Beastars? ;) Also furries don’t need a specific TV show to be in the center of their attention, in general we like all anthro/talking animals, no matter where they come from.
Or maybe I understood you wrong.

I joined the brony fandom because of a show, not cause I saw a pastel pony getting head from a weird, multi species beast on derpi :P

Granted, I might as well be a furry, but I will still deny it to no end.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
I joined the brony fandom because of a show, not cause I saw a pastel pony getting head from a weird, multi species beast on derpi :P

Many furries became aware that they are in fact furries after watching some movie/show with anthro characters like Robin Hood, The Lion King or Zootopia and then by looking for fanart.

@LightningBolt  
I was a furry before anything else.

Me too. I first found furry stuff on the web about 2 or 3 years before I found ponies.
AlexMSD

Many furries became aware that they are in fact furries after watching some movie/show with anthro characters like Robin Hood, The Lion King or Zootopia and then by looking for fanart.

Well I didnt watch a lot of that shizz when I was younger. I had a sad childhood :(
LightningBolt
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger

Senior Moderator
Emo siren
@CruFox  
Kovu from TLK 2 and Spyro The Dragon were my first furry crushes as a kid. Shadow The Hedgehog came a little later in early teenagerhood, but I still consider him part of that trio.

I say furry crushes like I had crushes on human characters back then, I did not.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide