Yes!
64.29% 63 votes
No...
23.47% 23 votes
Undecided
12.24% 12 votes

Poll ended with 98 votes.

AeroPegasus63
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

I personally am the type that just doesn’t really care much but I like to think Bronies are they’re own thing. From what I know, Furries are fans of a whole lot of things where as Bronies are fans of MLP:FIM.

I guess I can see Bronies as a more specific type of Furry like how Scalies are a catagory of Furries, but then again Bronies have their own show(s) they’re based on so that’s what makes me say they’re their own thing.

Of course that’s just what I think :shrugs:
darkdoomer
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Artist -

Yiffer from Hell
@AeroPegasus63  
I’d throw an ambiguity between furry/brony or otaku.  
bronies and pegasisters love ponies and MLPFIM. the fandom, the merch, art and everything about it. also make content  
furries are more into the trip, “I am a pony like others” through art, avatars and original content digging their universe. There have been pony furries long time before MLPFIM. including myself, more inspired by Digimon than MLP. Yes that’s cringe for some but never really had a serious pony Oc since it had no universe or context. Or hands, that helps.  
Both have OCs and take into roleplays and original content (not just characters) both contribute on making an universe but the difference is:  
bronies: side to the merch, the show, be a fan of the brand and voice actors, and the brand MyLittlePony  
furries: we are the ponies. my citizenship? Kingdom of Equestria. My religious views? Saint Amalthea gave us freedom over 1000 years ago!

[perso, i never identified as either, just a guy who draws but pony is not just MLPFIM. it is wider than this. We are subjects of Celestia not Hasbro or Disney or whatever soulless actor or brand you should stick with. Saint Faust just came in the right time when both bronies and furries needed something cute in life, and that was wonderful, that’s just my opinion. The rest, who cares. You do what you want!]

theriantropes also exist: I find a spirituality in the meaning and religious or metaphysical description of unicorns, as unicorns are displayed since antiquity as some kind of angels, same for pegasi in the greek mythology that all consitutes the lore of FiM and even the 80s pone. And I am managing my shakras all that namatse things, I’m a skeptic, but why not.  
Better than believing you’re a witch or satanist with a made up history by Lavey or all kind of spiritual mongering, there are always been spiritual creatures in all mankind history prior to abrahamic religions. Antrho gods were not just egyptians, even the gauls had theirs (also a legend here in the Jura, a horse being called Gauvin that’s kind of scary. Imagine Luna but told to you as a kid. Or Mallet, a horse from Nancray, in which I even painted that village a while ago, and just added an Aryanne a couple of weeks ago.)

Why must horses be so popular through ages? It’s a mystery.

My idea is that they are smart. Same as dogs, dolphins and cats. Give them a little million years of evolution after us, Earth (it’s solid.) will be kind of different.
MagpulDynamicPie
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Artist -

DARPA Pone
..I’d say no. But ponies do have fur, so yes? But does having fur make them furry? I picture thickish fur as furry, pony fur is thin. Or is it? I’m conflicted.
ender1200

This is really going to depend on how exactly do you define “furry”?

Bronies are easier to define. They are fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, a show about magical anthropomorphic horses.

But furries, well, it could mean several different things. A furry might be defined as a fan of a work that features anthropomorphic characters, and under that definition , yes all bronies are furries.  
But but it could also mean a fan of multiple works featuring anthropomorphic characters, who goes out and intentionally looks for such shows, under that definition, no many bronies are only interested in MLP:FiM.  
Than there is the possibility to define furry as a meber of the furry fandom, a pretty well defined social circle, most bronies are not members of the furry fnadom.
Soobel
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.

Little ponies are not anthropomorphic horses, they are on 4 legs like usual. For me looks they like sapient pets, not like humanoids with horse faces.
CruFox
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@Soobel  
Anthropomorphism on English Wikipedia is defined as:  
attribution of human traits, emotions, or intentions to non-human entities

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropomorphism

By that definition talking quadrupedal animals are anthropomorphic. In the furry fandom the word “anthro” is used mainly for the physical form only, but the word “anthropomorphic” is a widely used term that is applicable to a much wider range of situations. Many furries like all talking animals and not only the the ones that have human body shapes.
Moon Flower
Even Worse Kobold -
Founder Artist - Had at least 75 images under their tag before the site has hit its 50,000 uploads milestone.
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public
Artist -

Moon?
Human-like society, human language, human behaviour, many objects and tools ergonomic to human hands, human buildings, human cities, human facial expressions, human teeth, human-like mythology, and and and. That’s a whole lot of anthropomorphism. But they’re quadrupeds is what people hold on. Even physically they’re quite far away from real horses.  
/shrug
Soobel

I knew “anthro” meant human-like and “morph” meant change the shape, so i thought “anthropomorpihc animals” meant animals with human-like bodyshape.  
Tools aside, lets swap that “human” to “sapient” and all the Pony houses, cities, mythologies are just logical, created by sapient mind.  
Still i dont understand how bronies are always furries too. Or “brony” meant something else than admirer of Lauren Faust’s creation?  
So im just MLP fan, not a brony?
ender1200

@Soobel

Even if we ignore their human like intelligence MLP ponies, and especially G4 Ponies are anthropomorphic.

Just take a look of Pinkie Pie:  
full

She has human eyes, Human like hair, a mouth that can assume human expressions, Limbs with Human range of motion, and a human torso with a ribcage fused at the front. Sure, she isn’t a quadruped, but a lot of other elements of her physiology are based on human traits.
Seraphiel

What even defines a “furry”?

One, humans are animals too. Also the term “furry” has also bee liberally used to describe those into animals that don’t necessarily have fur. There are also fans of talking cartoon animals that aren’t necessarily into nor identify as “furries”. So where to draw the line gets quite vague.
Litrojia
Heavy Lifter - Uploaded over 1k art pieces
Artist -

@Seraphiel  
Whenever this debate comes up, there’s always discrepancy on what a furry is. The definitions I think I see are the following:

-Anyone who likes any cartoon animals (not counting humans as animals here, of course)  
-Anyone who likes cartoon animals for the sake of cartoon animals, and not because they like the source material otherwise  
-Self-identification as a furry  
-Anyone who’s into the furry culture

I think it’s a mix of the last three, since I think someone could be a fan of MLP, Pokemon, even stuff like Zootopia without caring for furry stuff in general. People who think bronies are furries usually seem to stick with the first definition, sometimes the fourth definition if they see brony culture as part of furry culture (which I disagree on. hopefully they stay separate).
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@Litrojia  
IMO everyone who enjoys the concept of talking animals and is interested in it just because they are talking animals is a furry. So if a person would not be interested in MLP if the characters were humans instead of talking ponies then they are a furry but if species change to humans would not make a difference for them then they are not furries.
Soobel

So im a brony who are not furry: just a talking animal are not my priority #1  
Im delighted of MLP worldbuild and character development, probably its not matter that subjects are ponies, if there are dogs, aliens or pokemons, but plots, world and characters are good as pony characters, maybe i like ti too then.  
Attentsion - MLP ponies are NOT just humans in pony shape. Their mindset, culture and life are significantly different. Writers are composed beliveable sapient culture, what are not copy of human civilization. For example: how long can person like Pinkie be outside of nuthouse in our human world? There run very weird ones around and all is okay and safe…
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide