Viewing last 25 versions of post by darkdoomer in topic Are bronies furries?

darkdoomer
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Artist -

Yiffer from Hell
"[@AeroPegasus63":](/forums/dis/topics/are-bronies-furries?post_id=5060#post_5060
)  
I'd throw an ambiguity between furry/brony or otaku.

bronies and pegasisters love ponies and MLPFIM. the fandom, the merch, art and everything about it. also make content

furries are more into the trip, "I am a pony like others" through art, avatars and original content digging their universe. There have been pony furries long time before MLPFIM. including myself, more inspired by Digimon than MLP. Yes that's cringe for some but never really had a serious pony Oc since it had no universe or context. Or hands, that helps.

Both have OCs and take into roleplays and original content (not just characters) both contribute on making an universe but the difference is:

bronies: side to the merch, the show, be a fan of the brand and voice actors, and the brand MyLittlePony

furries: we are the ponies. my citizenship? Kingdom of Equestria. My religious views? Saint Amalthea gave us freedom over 1000 years ago!

[perso, i never identified as either, just a guy who draws but pony is not just MLPFIM. it is wider than this. We are subjects of Celestia not Hasbro or Disney or whatever soulless actor or brand you should stick with. Saint Faust just came in the right time when both bronies and furries needed something cute in life, and that was wonderful, that's just my opinion. The rest, who cares. You do what you want!]

theriantropes also exist: I find a spirituality in the meaning and religious or metaphysical description of unicorns, as unicorns are displayed since antiquity as some kind of angels, same for pegasi in the greek mythology that all consitutes the lore of FiM and even the 80s pone. And I am managing my shakras all that namatse things, I'm a skeptic, but why not.

Better than believing you're a witch or satanist with a made up history by Lavey or all kind of spiritual mongering, there are always been spiritual creatures in all mankind history prior to abrahamic religions. Antrho gods were not just egyptians, even the gauls had theirs (also a legend here in the Jura, a horse being called Gauvin that's kind of scary. Imagine Luna but told to you as a kid. Or Mallet, a horse from Nancray, in which I even painted that village a while ago, and just added an Aryanne a couple of weeks ago.)

Why must horses be so popular through ages? It's a mystery.

My idea is that they are smart. Same as dogs, dolphins and cats. Give them a little million years of evolution after us, Earth (it's solid.) will be kind of different.
Reason: shit I left the furbooru tab open.
Edited by darkdoomer
darkdoomer
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Artist -

Yiffer from Hell
"@AeroPegasus63":/forums/dis/topics/are-bronies-furries?post_id=5060#post_5060
bronies and pegasisters love ponies and MLPFIM. the fandom, the merch, art and everything about it. also make content
furries are more into the trip, "I am a pony like others" through art, avatars and original content digging their universe. There have been pony furries long time before MLPFIM. including myself, more inspired by Digimon than MLP. Yes that's cringe for some but never really had a serious pony Oc since it had no universe or context. Or hands, that helps.
Both have OCs and take into roleplays and original content (not just characters) both contribute on making an universe but the difference is:
bronies: side to the merch, the show, be a fan of the brand and voice actors, and the brand MyLittlePony
furries: we are the ponies. my citizenship? Kingdom of Equestria. My religious views? Saint Amalthea gave us freedom over 1000 years ago!

[perso, i never identified as either, just a guy who draws but pony is not just MLPFIM. it is wider than this. We are subjects of Celestia not Hasbro or Disney or whatever soulless actor or brand you should stick with. Saint Faust just came in the right time when both bronies and furries needed something cute in life, and that was wonderful, that's just my opinion. The rest, who cares. You do what you want!]

theriantropes also exist: I find a spirituality in the meaning and religious or metaphysical description of unicorns, as unicorns are displayed since antiquity as some kind of angels, same for pegasi in the greek mythology that all consitutes the lore of FiM and even the 80s pone. And I am managing my shakras all that namatse things, I'm a skeptic, but why not.
Better than believing you're a witch or satanist with a made up history by Lavey or all kind of spiritual mongering, there are always been spiritual creatures in all mankind history prior to abrahamic religions. Antrho gods were not just egyptians, even the gauls had theirs (also a legend here in the Jura, a horse being called Gauvin that's kind of scary. Imagine Luna but told to you as a kid. Or Mallet, a horse from Nancray, in which I even painted that village a while ago, and just added an Aryanne a couple of weeks ago.)

My idea is that they are smart. Same as dogs, dolphins and cats. Give them a little million years of evolution after us, Earth (it's solid.) will be kind of different.
No reason given
Edited by darkdoomer
darkdoomer
Artist -

Yiffer from Hell

[perso, i never identified as either, just a guy who draws but pony is not just MLPFIM. it is wider than this. We are subjects of Celestia not Hasbro or Disney.]

No reason given
Edited by darkdoomer
darkdoomer
Artist -

Yiffer from Hell

No reason given
Edited by darkdoomer