Viewing last 25 versions of post by Cerebrate in topic Frontiers and Pioneers (sci-fi, NSFW(violence,possible teases), robots)

Cerebrate
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Loves a Demon
Our understanding of technology went through immense upheaval with the introduction of the synthbrain, for the first time ever, circuitry was equal to a ten pound hunk of grey cells, from there it was a quick evolution, the warm blooded species were joined by the coolant blooded reptiloids, machines that can, and by legislation should, be called truly alive, our loving little siblings who would sooner risk their own unmaking than letting us come to harm.

shortly after, "lesser" Machines saw a new industrial standard as well, insectoids, server controlled and the smartest among them about equal to a dog or other animal, they became the new pets, or in swarms the new menial labor.

Paired with our new knowledges on technology was a new burst of expansion, for not only had our population doubled, our workforce had more than quadrupled. a three wave system had been introduced

-the first wave would be our reptiloid friends and a workforce of insectoids, as neither are bothered by the passage of time they can land on their suitable world whenever and install the homing beacon for ftl travel, as well as begin terraforming work and the heavy lifting of colonization.

-the second wave wuld be the colonists, organic scientists, engineers, administrators, security personnell etc, they would see the colony thrive, the planet studied and fully surveyed and decisions about new cities made.

-finally the third wave, the civilian workforce, citizens, bakers, barkeepers, all the amenities of the modern world, introduced on a new planet integrated into our society.

it all went well for centuries, breakthroughs increase efficiency, social engineering keeps us from becoming the pampered pets of our synth brothers, and most recently, the line between organic and synth blurred nearly out of existance, as both a rise of cybernetics and a new concept of synthetic organs and flesh, introduce the biosynths, such as my personal assistant and bodyguard.

and honestly in the grand scheme it is still going well, there is no looming collapse even on the distant horizon. just a few everyday problems... and at tiems glitches in the system, such as the one i'm being sent to investigate.

I am administrator Amy Miyura, and for some reason the diode brains in charge of setting up my colony stopped answering, if i go there and find out they were preoccupied with videogames i am smashing them.

gonna be chacking the sheets of my crew soon, time for our second wave to get there and see what's wrong.

sheet:

Rank: administrator (colony head honcho, colonies are technically corporate dictatorships, mainly to keep decisionmaking fast, administrators usually remain in office for life.)

Name: Amy Miyura

Description(or pic):
>>1976  
The tall Jackal with the ceremonial mace (that has been reinforced and filled with tech to back a proper wham as needed)

Red hair forming a bit of a mane and if you get lucky enough to see her back you'd see a white marking on it

Notes: leads the most recent settlement effort and keeps the second wave running things as smoothly as possible,

also proud owner of the first "organic synth" prototype.

expects respect from her surroundings and dare you if you don't show it.

Quote (optional): "There's exactly one rule on my Colony, don't fuck with Amy. and a second one, being a dumbass will be its own punishemt, because it will kill you."
No reason given
Edited by Cerebrate